Bersay handles advisory and litigation work. The practice has a strong presence in the telecoms sectors where it assists clients with long-term broadband infrastructure projects. It has recently been retained by Société du Grand Paris to assist with strategic data and telecoms network projects. Lately, the practice has extended its range of to advising on electric vehicle station activities in France. In collaboration with the firm’s commercial litigation practice, the team assists with the management of a dispute in the highway sector. General administrative law is also handled. Martin Tissier is in charge.
- ‘Extremely fine knowledge of public law and regulation of telecommunications. Rarely has a firm mastered the legal technique of this sector to such an extent.’
- ‘Martin Tissier is constantly looking for legally secure, but innovative solutions, always ready to find arrangements and operations that meet the needs of his client.’
- The team is a pleasure to work with. There is good strength and depth. They provide commercially-focused advice and communicate this very effectively.’
- ‘Anne-Lise Puget and Nathalie Cerqueira are both excellent lawyers and very commercially-minded. The deliver great service, are very responsive and both are a real pleasure to work with. My go-to firm in France.’
- ‘We had a very positive experience working with the partner, Anne-Lise Puget. She guided us through the complex field of French labour law professionally.’
- ‘Anne-Lise Puget is very to the point, extremely responsive and with a good knowledge of the company and its challenges. Her advice is tailored and consistent with our social policy.’
- ‘Multidisciplinary and complementary team. They know how to work together with excellent coordination. Always available. Sense of service, to offer additional advice. Keeps to its deadlines. Very pleasant in the relationship.’
- ‘The size of the firm is a huge plus: it is not too big, but big enough to cover all the areas of law that we need, with sufficient sizes to absorb technical files. Anne-Lise Puget is very accessible: I can call her on her cell phone and she will always answer the question immediately. If it’s more technical, she comes back quickly with an analysis. She always fights for her clients and she is a good litigator. Nathalie Cerqueira shows a willingness to fight for her clients.’
- ‘Excellent team, positive, responsive and pragmatic. Nathalie Cerqueira is available, proactive, pragmatic. It is very pleasant to work with her.’
- ‘Outstanding tenacity!’
- ‘Pierre-Louis Perin is an excellent expert. Always available when needed. Respect deadlines and an excellent adviser.’
The public law team at Bersay (founded in 1995) advises major public bodies and telecoms operators on a broad range of issues. These include fibre optic concession contracts, the annulment of regulations before administrative jurisdictions, regulatory issues involving local loop access and submarine issues, as well as related projects in the transport infrastructure sector. Telecoms regulatory expert Martin Tissier is the head of the practice.